Today I’m too lazy to write an intro for this recipe. The photo speaks for itself. YUMMY!
- 1/2 lbs (220 g) green beans
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) sliced scallions (green onions), whites and greens
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) ground almonds
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) butter, olive oil, or non-dairy substitute. I used butter.
- Boil green beans in a pot of water for about 4 minutes, until bright green but still crunchy
- Place beans in a bowl of cold (or iced if you have it) water to stop the cooking process. To be honest, I just shoved the beans in cool tap water and placed them on the porch. Its -22 F (-30C) outside today.
- In a skillet, sauté scallions (medium heat) in butter/non-dairy substitute/olive oil, when soft and the whites have become transparent add the ground almonds
- Continue to sauté on medium heat until almonds are toasted a light brown
- Add the green beans to the skillet and cook until just heated through
Filed under: celiac, gluten, Gluten Free, side dishes, vegan, vegetables, vegetarian | Tagged: almonds, celiac, dinner, easy, food, Gluten Free, green beans, green onions, recipe, scallions, vegetables | Leave a comment »